Hot weather favours beer-drinking in Myanmar. Parents are fine with young adults having beer rather than hard liquor. There are more than 15,000 small streetside shops and convenience stores potential distribution points selling bottled beers at almost every corner of the country. Under-18s are not legally allowed to buy alcohol, but teens are rarely asked to show ID.
All these factors ferment into a market opportunity that is “pretty obvious”, said Rose Swe,...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events