The move, which some industry observers foresaw, can be seen as a gesture of acceptance of responsibility for the December 2015 suicide of an overburdened young employee. Ishii led the company for nearly six years. One of Japan’s most powerful and influential entities, Dentsu now faces an unprecedented challenge in restoring its reputation. Here’s how the issue took shape.
December 2015 Matsuri Takahashi, a recent graduate of Tokyo University, commits suicide after complaining to family...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events