A labour standards inspection office has acknowledged that workplace pressure contributed to the suicide of a female Dentsu staff member last December, according to reports in the Japanese media.
The employee, Matsuri Takahashi, a graduate of Tokyo University, was reportedly 24 years old and had joined the company in April 2015. It is understood that her overtime hours ranged from 70 to 130 per month, and that she sometimes slept no more then 10...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events