1. Rakuten and the telco sector
Rakuten’s move to become an affordable mobile phone operator has serious implications for the three incumbents in a sector that has long got away with charging extremely high rates for less-than-remarkable service. Competition between brands is sure to intensify between now and Rakuten's 2019 launch target as the incumbents come under pressure to demonstrate their true value to consumers.
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events