Fan base size may not be the best benchmark for event organisers to assess an influencer’s commercial viability now that the KOL phenomenon has reached its peak. To add, it is hard to play the numbers game in a market as big as China. Even successful KOLs such as Zhang Dayi have yet to attain mega celebrity status despite having close to 10 million followers on Weibo.
Sally Lu, managing director of Uniplan, Shanghai...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events