The Reserve Roastery Shanghai, opening tomorrow (6 December), is twice the size of the first Roastery, in Seattle. The brand plans to open the concept in Milan and New York in 2018 and Tokyo and Chicago in 2019.
The location also has:
- Three "coffee experience bars", one of which is 26.9 meters long
- A two-story, 40-ton copper cask "adorned with over 1,000 traditional Chinese chops, or stamps, hand-engraved to narrate the story of Starbucks and our Reserve coffee".
- Pneumatic copper piping replenishing all the roasted Starbucks Reserve "coffee
- 10,000 handmade wooden hexagon-shaped ceiling tiles, "inspired by the locking of an espresso shot on an espresso machine".
- A "reimagined tea experience" at a tea bar made entirely from 3-D printed, recycled materials.
- An in-store augmented reality experience powered by Alibaba.
The brand said China remains its fastest-growing market, with a new store opening every 15 hours.