Meme allows users to post content including text, photos, videos and links, re-post other users' content, follow users and comment on their posts. Unlike Twitter, Meme posts are capped at 2000 characters, not 140.
Yahoo is hoping to match the success of rival Twitter and Tumblr services by releasing an API to encourage the development of apps, with the ultimate goal of getting Meme onto smartphones.
Meme was launched last May in...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events