Unilever’s move to ditch relationships with individual agencies in favour of holding-company-wide arrangements could ease its access to diverse international talent but is no silver bullet for marketing problems, agency leaders have said.
The shift, discussed by Unilever chief executive Alan Jope in Cannes, may have been motivated by quick access, less admin and a wider talent pool, Julian Douglas, vice-chairman of VCCP, suggested. WPP this month revealed it was selling its 24.85%...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events