Tiffany Co has removed an ad from its social media accounts after it drew parallels with the eye for an eye’ gesture used by Hong Kong protesters.
The ad featured Chinese model Sun Feifei wearing a Tiffany ring on her right hand while covering her eye. Internet users in China were quick to compare the pose with the one which has become synonymous with Hong Kong protesters, claiming it was a display of allegiance from...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events