In 2014, when Tencent disrupted the old paper-money customs of Chinese New Year and launched the WeChat red envelope, the move started a revival of enthusiasm for traditional culture that had been diminishing due to the accelerated pace of people's lives in China's first- and second-tier cities.
Chinese societyand the celebration of Chinese New Yearhas since been highly integrated with the mobile internet. In fact, China is at the forefront of...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events