Takahiko Morinaga started the Japan LGBT Research Institute part of Hakuhodo DY Holdings last year while working as a planner. In this interview, he gives his view on the state of LGBT marketing in Japan, where brands are only just beginning to develop strategies specific to this consumer segment.
Diversity has become a key consideration in Japanese marketing communications, and corporate Japan has finally woken up to the opportunities in engaging with LGBT people more...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events