China's recent economic journey has been symbolised by 'tech-Darwinism', where a fitter, leaner tech offering has supplanted and replaced an inferior competitor. The dramatic rise of Tencent's phone app WeChat Weixin in Chinese appeared to be the latest edition of China's digital evolution.
WeChat could be described as Facebook Messenger on steroids. You can message, but that's only the start. Within the app, you can pay bills and even control your home's...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events