Matthew Keegan
Oct 16, 2017

The app-eal of in-app advertising in Asia

In-app advertising now accounts for the majority of all mobile ads in Asia-Pacific. But various challenges mean marketers need to be more creative than ever to compete.

Recent reports suggest that apps can offer more value for advertisers than the general mobile web.

More than three-quarters of mobile ads across Asia-Pacific are now delivered via app. This is according to a new report by mobile advertising data company Vpon, whose study reveals that, during the first half of 2017, 77 percent of all mobile ads served in Asia-Pacific were delivered via mobile apps the remaining 23 percent by mobile web.

In countries like Indonesia and India, in-app adverts account for as much as 90 percent and 86...

To continue reading this article you need to be registered with Campaign. Registration is free and only takes a minute. Register Now or sign in below if you already have an account.

Existing users sign in here

Forgotten Password?

Having trouble signing in?

Contact Customer Support at
customerservice@campaignasia.com
or call+852 3175 1913

Membership

Why Subscribe?

  • Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
  • Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
  • Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
  • Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
  • New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
  • Be the first to hear about industry events

or call +852 2122 5222
or email subscriptions@campaignasia.com

Follow us

Top news, insights and analysis every weekday

Sign up for Campaign Bulletins

Related Articles

Just Published

Premium
WPP shares crash on Q4 'deterioration' in North America, UK
Premium
11 hours ago

WPP shares crash on Q4 'deterioration' in North ...

Stock price plunges 16% on London Stock Exchange Thursday morning.

Premium
Public breakup ad turns out to be another Circles.Life stunt
Premium
16 hours ago

Public breakup ad turns out to be another Circles.Li...

The Daily Mail excitedly jumped on the breakup letter by a heartbroken Charlotte, who, it transpires, is a fictional character invented by Circles.Life. Well played.

Premium
What does China’s luxury market look like in 2020?
Premium
16 hours ago

What does China’s luxury market look like in 2020?

TOP OF THE CHARTS: Economic and political instability in Hong Kong and mainland China are likely to put a dent on luxury spend.

Premium
Publicis Groupe appoints new CEOs in Japan and Korea
Premium
16 hours ago

Publicis Groupe appoints new CEOs in Japan and Korea

Gareth Mulryan relocates from Singapore to Japan while Nicole Roe is promoted in Korea.