The new Malaria No More campaign, featuring David Beckham speaking in nine languages about the need to stamp out the disease, was a strong example of technology’s power to do good in the world.
Yet there’s deep unease in some quarters about the automation that enabled the charity to synthesise Beckham’s voice. He isn’t, after all, fluent in all of the languages featured in the film.
This is the latest high-profile example...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events