David Beckham delivers an appeal to end malaria in nine languages in a new global campaign using controversial deepfake voice technology.
A 55-second spot by charity Malaria No More uses video synthesis technology to make Beckham appear multilingual. His speech begins in English, then transitions to eight other languages with convincing dubbing. The viewer hears the voices of real men and women from around the world, including malaria survivors and doctors fighting the disease,...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events