The focus now is on domestic innovation and the creation of strong brands that can be sold overseas. With that in mind, it might be worth looking across the Strait to Taiwan, where some technology brands have made the jump from equipment manufacturers to bona fide brands.
These include computing brands Asus and Acer, and mobile phone manufacturer HTC. Acer is the world's number two PC maker and HTC makes half its revenues in the US. All...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events