Car owners in cities like Shanghai are starting to trade up good news for luxury models. But the real opportunity lies in tier two, three and four cities, said Shirley Ng, director, client leaders, automotive at Nielsen China.
Ng said manufacturers and retailers must understand the differences between the needs of consumers in lower tier cities compared with those in tier one cities, and noted that advertisers must approach these price sensitive consumers creatively by focusing on brand building...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events