Publicis Groupe’s shares crashed after it warned of a worse-than-expected slump for its traditional advertising business, hitting the stock prices of rivals such as WPP, Interpublic and Omnicom.
Shares of Publicis fell nearly 15%, from 55 to 46.84 after Arthur Sadoun, the global chief executive, admitted quarterly growth had slowed from 2.2% in the third quarter to 0.5% in the final quarter of 2018.
WPP’s share price fell more than...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events