Investing is not something the average Japanese person is comfortable with. For many, the bubble still looms as a cautionary tale against anything that could be construed as a risk. By one estimate, more than US$8.6 trillion sits in private bank accounts, doing nothing. Yet as society ages and people realise that the national pension system is unlikely to sustain anything approaching a comfortable lifestyle, change could be in the air.
Dentsu thinks so....
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events