The marketing industry has always tried to find ways to place large groups of people under a single umbrella. In theory, this makes them definable, understandable and sellable-to. In practice, it often results in labels that mean very little and generate unhelpful assumptions.
The term 'millennial', which technically applies to anyone born after 1980, has come to encapsulate everything that’s supposedly wrong with young people. Based on tropes emanating from the US, millennials everywhere...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events