Net earnings for the owner of Ariel, Gillette and Febreze declined 7 per cent year on year to $11.8 billion in the 12 months to 30 June.
The drop came despite the company increasing net sales by 5 per cent to $82.6bn and was due in part to input costs rising and a large increase in marketing spend.
Advertising spending, which makes up the majority of PG's marketing expense,...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events