This is my last column for Media as the publication migrates to its new format. Before I sign off from this forum, I want to leave a few final words of advice to the young people who are just coming into the marketing and communications industry and upon whose labours our strategies, campaigns, and tactics succeed or fail.
1. Do not go into advertising. Advertising is dead - it just hasn’t had the dignity to fall over yet. If...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events