You can forgive top-level athletes for wanting to be left alone sometimes. A TV advert by Nike featuring Naomi Osaka currently airing has her asking the media to desist with their often inane questions.
The 21-year-old dropped out of the French Open on Saturday after losing to Katerina Siniakova, and attributed the disappointment partly to stress caused by being the top-seeded player.
But media focus often falls on things unrelated to sporting...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events