Following the arrest on 12 March of actor and musician Pierre Taki real name Masanori Taki, advertisers and media brands in Japan are rethinking their relationship with the celebrity.
Fifty-one-year-old Taki, part of the pop group Denki Groove, was arrested for cocaine use after an undercover investigation, and subsequently admitted taking a small amount, according to reports in the local media.
Recreational drug use remains highly frowned upon in Japan, which...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events