Is the mega-merger back in fashion It looks that way judging from the past few weeks. The recent flurry of MA activity involves Japanese brewing giants Suntory and Kirin in merger talks, Suntory’s acquisition of Orangina, and Kraft preparing a hostile takeover bid for Cadbury.
From a financial perspective, there are plenty of examples of big mergers that have gone awry - AOL and Time Warner, for example, or Ford and Jaguar. But what...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events