Unilever chief marketing officer Keith Weed's strong statement against influencers with fake followers, made during the recent Cannes Lions festival, is less likely to resonate in this part of the world, where KOL marketing is going from strength to strength.
This is not to say Weed was spewing hot air. Miranda Tan, CEO and founder of Robin8, doesn't deny that the struggle against fake followers is real. In fact, it is even more so...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events