The Philippines' largest fast-food company, Jollibee Foods Corp, has made another leap forward in its ambitious overseas expansion, with an unusually risky deal in the US.
The Manila-headquartered company has agreed to buy 100% of loss-making Los Angeles-based chain The Coffee Tea Leaf for $350 million, it said in a filing to the Philippine stock exchange on Wednesday.
The acquisition of The Coffee Bean Tea Leaf will be JFC...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events