More than 2,000 startups in China about 10 percent of the total number folded during the last fiscal year, according to Chinese venture investment site gplp.cn. O2O, ecommerce and transport startups were the biggest casualties.
When startups fail, both the founders and any brands that have put money into the startups suffer losses. Yet, this has not deterred brands from investing. Alvin Foo, head of Airwave China, the mobile business unit of Omnicom Media Group,...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events