Last week at Adtech Tokyo, Sun Microsystems co-founder Scott McNealy was asked why Japan doesn't have a more robust startup and tech entrepreneur culture.
You might think that McNealy would answer this question with a diplomatic acknowledgement of Japan’s unique culture and industrial heritage and then follow up with some encouragement and suggestions about moving forward. McNealy though is famously blunt. Most famously, in 1999, he lit the tech world on...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events