Instagram’s announcement yesterday that it is trialling removing likes’ from being publicly visible has caused a stir among the influencer marketing community. Facebook said its aim is to remove the pressure that likes can place on Instagram users regarding their posts, which is a reaction to the greater debate around social media and its contribution to mental health issues.
However, influencers on the platforms have had a mixed response, with many claiming it will hinder...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events