There is something in the air in Asia that is fertilising an increasing number of little tigers’ or niche brands. And it would seem that it’s a consumer appetite for brands that go against the norm.
Take Banyan Tree Hotels and Resorts. It was born because it went against the current convention that a hotel must have a beach. Founder Ho Kwon Ping built a hotel with villas rather than rooms, each with their own...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events