Call it a blunt copy and paste. During a commercial break during the telecast of the Pakistan Super League the country's version of India's IPL, there were some who felt that something was amiss.
The reason for discomfort was a 40-seconder ad film featured Indian actor Kareena Kapoor endorsing a hair colour brand Olivia Intense by Pakistan's Maskatiya Industries. For those who knew their advertising, there was a huge problem with the ad film....
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events