Revenues at Google also increased markedly. In the three months ending 31 March 2010 Google generated $6.77 billion, up 23 per cent on the same period last year.
Google attributed the growth to an increase in consumers clicking on branded search adverts - clicks on Google ads increased 15 per cent in Q1 2010, compared to Q1 2009. Google's chief financial officer Patrick Pichette said a return of large advertisers and an improvement in the economy...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events