The disclosure is the latest sign of the increasing rivalry between Facebook and Google. Both Facebook and Google have come under fire from privacy campaigners for the amount of personal data they collect and retain online.
Burson-Marsteller contacted US newspaper reporters and opinion-piece writers with a view to securing coverage on Google’s alleged use of personal information from Facebook and other social networks.
Its tactics came to light after a blogger posted...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events