The agency, which is headquartered in New York, said the Sydney office enjoyed an exceptionally strong start but struggled to maintain the momentum.
David Droga, creative chairman and founder of Droga5, said it was a difficult decision and a bitter pill to swallow.
He said However, we see little value in continuing to operate in this market with an office that, sadly, no longer consistently represents the Droga5 brand.
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events