Diverse’ is one of the most commonly used words to describe the Asia-Pacific region, encompassing the vast range of geographies, cultures, politics and paces of development here.
Workplaces in Asia-Pacific, however, have historically been relatively slow to adopt proper diversity practices that protect employees from discrimination on grounds of ethnicity, gender, physical ability or sexuality.
As late as 2004, there were no laws about diversity in the workplace...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events