Following a year in which dozens of high-profile brands have eliminated CMO positions, Forrester is predicting 2020 will bring a “desperate fight for survival” for the chief marketing position, with those who remain expected to take on an ever-widening remit.
The CMO role has transformed from a “long-term brand-building growth captain to a quarter-disciplined and data-focused operator” over the past two decades, Forrester said, a “painful transition” that has caused some of the top global...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events