Chinese consumers are turning away from previously popular ready-to-drink teas and carbonated soft drinks in favour of functional beverages’drinks that offer an additional benefit, including energy, nutrition or hydration.
The sales of beverages offering a functional benefit grew 6.9 percent in 2015, outstripping the growth of juice, the other fast-growing category in China’s beverage market, which grew 4.4 percent in the same time period, according to Nielsen data. Much of the growth in...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events