In the summer of 2017, China’s mainstream video streaming platform iQiyi released a very special singing contest, The Rap Of China.
It was special, because the genre was largely a fringe artform in urban hubs, even though Taiwanese singer Jay Chou’s RB influenced brand of hip-hop first entered into mainstream music more than a decade ago. But each of the 12 episodes of The Rap Of Chinahip hop’s first appearance on mainstream...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events