Amazon’s ad revenue growth slowed sharply in the first three months of this year.
In its first-quarter earnings report, the online retail giant posted 34% year-on-year growth in other business activities to $2.72 billion.
This number consists almost entirely of advertising sales. Last year, Amazon enjoyed a year-on-year doubling of ad revenue, which surpassed $10 billion for the first time in 2018.
The slowdown in...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events