The country's biggest media buying agencies have rejected Reckitt's demands for up to US$10,000 to pitch, as well as compensation deals for subsequent drops in TV ratings and the payment of commissions for the first 12 to 18 months of the business.
The Advertising Agencies Association of India AAAI has already advised agencies against pitching for the account.
It is believed that up to ten agencies are involved in the boycott, including MPG, GroupM, OMD...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events