Should items that are a necessity for half the population be taxed as if they're luxury goods That's the question posed by 'Not a luxury', for Period Equity by J Walter Thompson New York and directed by Melanie Bridge of The Sweet Shop.
For those unfamiliar with the system US states decide on their own sales-tax schemes and rates. This results in a lot of mad behaviour, such as people crossing state lines to...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events