Cannes Lions has switched its media person of the year award to that of media brand at the request of Daniel Ek, Spotify's co-founder and chief executive.
When contacted by Campaign, a Cannes Lions spokeswoman said that while the media award has historically been given to individuals, Ek had requested that the award go to his entire organisation instead.
When we approached Daniel Ek he made clear he was...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events