The growing Asian economies and rising consumer affluence have resulted in consumers gradually trading up from sugar to chocolate confectionery, fueling the advance on the region’s sweet-toothed consumers from Western confectionery heavyweights. The two nations leading this sector growth India and China.
A recent report from Datamonitor on the Indian confectionery market revealed that over 200 new confectionery products were launched during 2009 with sugar confectionery leading the way, closely followed by chocolate. Saurabh Sharma, planning partner, Ogilvy...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events