Lyft is keen to enter Japan
John Zimmer, the ride-hailing company’s co-founder and president, said he would “love to be in Japan and we’ll be looking at that possibility”. He added that the regulatory framework would “play a larger role than in other markets” given the level of protection for taxi companies. Brands such as Uber have struggled to gain traction in Japan, but the company is exploring new options that include partnering with taxi...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events