The big tech platforms are expressing concern over the Singapore’s proposed Protection from Online Falsehoods and Manipulation Bill, tabled in parliament yesterday.
Among other things, the bill calls for fines of up to S$1 million about US$738,000 for platforms that do not take down so-called “deliberate online falsehoods” quickly enough or display official corrections. It also makes tech platforms responsible for taking down accounts spreading online falsehoods, including fake bot-driven accounts, and for blocking...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events