A Twilio report has found conversational messaging is now a “must have” feature for brands. 67% of global consumers completed a purchase after contacting a brand through a conversational messaging channel.
- Six in 10 (62%) Singapore consumers would like to make purchases directly through a conversational messaging app
- Nearly four in 10 (38%) Singaporeans shared that they would spend at least 20% more on a brand that offers conversational messaging
- WhatsApp has emerged as the platform of choice for Singaporeans to engage with their brands
- 72% of Singaporeans are keen to make purchases over WhatsApp, with Facebook Messenger ranking second (40%), followed by Instagram (30%)
- Respondents from Australia, France and the US still prefer using SMS to communicate with brands
- 71% of Singaporean respondents would rather talk to human agents than bots
- Six in 10 (61%) of global or Singaporean consumers are more likely to do business with a brand that allows them to start a conversation over messaging channel
Malaysia’s Maxis has announced its arrival in the metaverse where it wants to engage consumers in the virtual world with its services.
Bitsmedia, a Singapore-based tech company has launched a new global subscription video on demand (SVOD) entertainment streaming service called Qalbox. The SVOD platform embraces the diversity of Islam and provides content creators and creatives a platform to share authentic Muslim stories. Qalbox’s content library showcases diverse representations and nuances of Muslims worldwide, from the Western world to Southeast Asia.
Pico Group and Founders Factory have come together to form an initiative to help technology start-ups in areas including Web3, martech and event activation. The start-up accelerator will focus on assisting pre-seed and seed stage start-ups to scale and expand and the venture studio will identify and help jump-start new start-ups.
APPOINTMENTS AND WINS
SeenThis has announced multiple hires in Australia. Read more here.
Dentsu makes trio of leadership appointments in the Philippines. Read more here.