When Saatchi Saatchi pried the Amway China account from incumbent Ogilvy Mather China last month, it was assigned a brand with an intriguing back story, Nutrilite. Conceived in Shanghai in 1934 by Dr Carl F. Rehnborg, the nutrition supplement was perfected in California. Nutrilite first appeared in Amway’s sales portfolio in 1949, and eventually Amway took over the company in 1994.
That year also marked a homecoming for Nutrilite, which was returned to China when Amway...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events