PRHK has announced the second edition of the Hong Kong PR Young Lions Competition.
Campaign Asia-Pacific is a supporting organisation, as it was last year.
Entrants will be asked to devise a campaign in answer to a brief set by a charity partner MindHK, which has a mission to destigmatize mental illness in Hong Kong. The brief will be revealed at the Cannes Young Lion Briefing Event on Friday, 15 March.
The competition is open to PRHK members and PRPA (Hong Kong Public Relations Professionals' Association) member employees. Entrants must be 30 years of age or younger (born on or after 22 June 1988) and living in Hong Kong. Each entry should comprise two team members.
The winning team will receive return economy flights to Nice and transfers to Cannes Lions with three nights’ accommodation to participate in the Cannes Young Lions Competition.
- 15 March: Briefing on entry requirements at 9.30 am at WeWork Wan Chai (13/F, 33 Lockhart Rd)
- 8 April: Entry deadline at 1pm
- 8-12 April: Shortlist judging period
- 15 April: Shortlist teams advised
- 18 April: Teams of two to present in person to jury, winners announced
- 17-21 June: Cannes Lions
The campaign should:
- Connect with the charity’s brand value and have an impact
- Increase awareness/create engagement with the public
- Identify and build relations with relevant stakeholders (such as journalists and opinion leaders)
- Create PR supporting material applicable in relevant media channels.
Entries will be judged on the following criteria:
- Creativity (40%): Is there a main creative idea with a wow factor uniting the campaign tactics? Is it fresh, bold, authentic and exciting? Is it original and inspiring, or have you seen this idea before?
- Strategy & Insight (30%): Is the idea built on an insight into the target audience? Has the team shown how their strategy underpins the campaign? Did they demonstrate an understanding of the brief, audience, and other stakeholders?
- Tactics & Execution (20%): Is the proposed execution both realistic and relevant to the brand and audience? Has the team thought through how their idea plays out in the market? Is there an innovative use of modern PR tactics?
- Relevance to brief (10%): Is the idea right for this brief, the brand and its target audience?
There is an entry fee of HK$1,950 per team. Competitors can register by email starting today.