As Friday's Mid-Autumn Festival approaches, Hong Kong mooncake brands have ramped up their efforts to come up with innovative campaigns, packages and other promotion methods to increase sales. However, the best-laid marketing plans have in some cases been overwhelmed by nationalism, in another example of the ongoing protests in the city splitting Hong Kong and mainland consumers.
Last week, renowned Hong Kong mooncake brand Maxim’s Cakes enjoyed a surge of popularity in the Chinese mainland,...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events